We. Love. Fall. Pumpkin spice lattes. Apple picking. The weather finally cooling off. If you’re pregnant during this time (lucky you!) and planning a baby shower, we wanted to share with you four fun baby shower ideas that feel right at home in the cozy fall season.
Fall Baby Shower Idea #1: Plan a Pumpkin Palooza
There is plenty of opportunity to play up the pumpkin theme. Decorate with pumpkins, gourds, and corn, oh my! It’s not just about putting pumpkins around the place, though. Oh, no.
- Start with Pumpkin invites. “Our Little Pumpkin Is on the Way!” is a cute, simple way to set the tone. We love these invites from Brooklyn Paperie.
- Ok, and yes, you can decorate with pumpkins from your local pumpkin patch. If you don’t have a pumpkin patch nearby, and if you do and want to do something a little different, hit up Etsy and go with a crafted, reusable decor pumpkin piece.
- If you want to get pumpkins in the food and beverage without adding pumpkin purée, get festive with pumpkin cookies that could either be served at your baby shower or serve as take-away favors.
Fall Baby Shower Idea #2: Play with Dusty Rose & Powder Blue
Fall brings the opportunity to play with more muted, subdued color palettes. With either gender, a softer, almost dusty filter on traditional pink and blue will match the more calm energy of the season.
- Invites set the tone for any event. We love this modern, dusty rose invite template.
- For some simple decor items (remember mamas, it’s OK to take it easy), we like the power blue decor from this small business owner.
- If you want, you can carry the dusty rose and powder blue theme into your baby registry. We love this duo of baby mobiles.
Fall Baby Shower Idea #3: Decorate with Dried Flowers
An alternative to fresh flowers, dried flowers fit right in with fall (and winter!) baby showers. While there are flowers that are in season during the fall, the settling down of the growing season makes it so one can take advantage of a variety of flower types that are out-of-season and have been dried for just this occasion.
- Already have a baby name picked out? Consider using a dried flower form in the first letter of baby-to-be’s name. BONUS: you can use it as an artifact in your baby’s nursery.
- Similarly simple, bulk up on dried flower bouquets that you can then use as gifts, or, pepper around your home.
- For takeaways, we love these dried flower soy candles.
Fall Baby Shower Idea #4: Apple of My Eye
Apples are synonomous with autumn. Use apple crates to decorate, serve apple cider, and send guests home with some apple cider doughnuts. And don’t forget to have some fun with the song “I Love You a Bushel and a Peck and a Hug Around the Neck” and “Apple of My Eye” invites.
- Do a demi-DIY with these customizable “A Bushel and a Peck and a Hug Around the Neck” baby shower invites.
- For a supes easy and natural piece to add a thematic element without being too literal, we love using apple crates.
- Sure, there are apple cider doughnuts. And then, there are apple cider fritters. Lily and Llama is located in the Phoenix metro-area, and BoSa doughnuts has some of the best apple fritters in the area. Either serve these during he shower, or wrap up as a take-away.
Mamas, there is no pressure to do anything too fancy or forced. Do what feels right to you. You don’t have to DIY your baby shower, but you can if you want. It’s all about options. Which is why Lily and Llama chose to feature small business owner’s creations in this post. Taking the load off and using that time to spent with your partner, family, and friends is worth every penny. And, when you are supporting supporting small business owners, I dunno, it just feels a little better.
Mamas, please share your own fall baby shower ideas with us on the ‘gram. And if you’ve supported any small business owners in the process, we’d love to hear about that, too! Hopefully we’ve helped to give you some ideas to make your baby shower planning a little easier, and…more fun for YOU.